Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blogilates - Cardio

Happy National Back to Work day! Is that really a thing? Probably not. Otherwise every Monday would be national back to work day, and that would be depressing. Or maybe it would make it more exciting? I don't know. At least I'm not back yet! BF and I took advantage of the long weekend to put in some face-time with his parental units in Nashville. We did some cool things - had a nice dinner at Opryland Hotel (fun fact: they make the staff use underground tunnels to get around because apparently seeing people working ruins vacations) and saw a show at the Grand Ol' (Old? Ole?) Oprey. The show was entertaining, for all that I didn't recoginze a single one of the performers. It's an interesting gig they have going there - apparently there's a show every Saturday (along with some Tuesdays and Fridays) with different acts every week. As a performer you have to be invited to perform there once, which gets you into 'the club' so to speak (I bet they have jackets...), and after that if you're in town you can just kind of show up and do your thing. It's also broadcast on the radio, complete with old-timey radio commercials and the radio guy doin' his thing on the side of the stage.

Sunday we took the time to wander downtown Nashville and do a little shopping (I was very tempted by a buy-one-get-two-free deal at one of the boot stores. Not because I actually want cowboy boots, but because that seems like a steal!) before bar-hopping around the 'honky tonks'. I quite enjoyed the live music coming from EVERYWHERE - almost every bar had a live act of some type. I'm typically not a live music fan because I have an issue with absurdly high volume levels, but I had a good time regardless. We managed to end our bar crawl at an English pub (no idea how we found this place) which had AMAZING fries (chips!) covered in Parmesan cheese and deliciousness. It was a perfect drunk-oclock snack.

Sadly, Labor Day weekend is now over, but I'm immensely grateful that I took an extra day off. After driving for 11 straight hours yesterday I"m in no mood to go sit at my desk and deal with emails. Something I can do today? Get back into a semblance of a workout routine! Going to start slow with some light(ish) cardio and get back into it hard tomorrow. BF was supposed to go to the gym with me today but he's napping instead so a home workout it is! This is the 9/3/2013 Blogilates workout.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Lower back - too much driving
Yesterday: 11 hours in the car... gross...
Environment: Indoors

Workout
Warmup: 
Equipment: Dumbbells [10 lb]
Work Time: ~35:00

Blogilates - 100 Workout
Blogilates - Pick-Me-Up Quickie Workout
Blogilates - 20/20 Workout [printable]
Blogilates - Till the World Ends Workout
Blogilates - Legs for Days Cardio Ballet Challenge

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total in-Gym Time: 0:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: 

Comments
That was harder than I expected it to be! Good job Cassie. The 20/20 was especially hard - I could.not.do the tuck jumps, so I substituted squat jumps instead. Something about my quads just was not having anything to do with tucking in mid-air. Also, full confession: I split the 20 burpees into two sets of 10, the first done in the burpee place in the workout and the second at the end. At least they got done! I didn't much care for the ballet challenge though - I didn't feel like I was doing much of anything until I started lunge jumping. Next time I think I'll sub in a different video.

No comments:

Post a Comment