Thursday, June 21, 2012

Total Body Lift


No workout yesterday -- went to a Nats game instead! The project I'm currently on did a 'social' and they bought us tickets to the game and a picnic dinner. And beer. Lots of beer. Some of it I didn't even have to pay for!So it's back to the gym today. Sigh. I'm going to try to do the workout I meant to do last week before I got distracted by classes.

Whoops... didn't get around to this workout until Friday. Thursday I was bored at work and perusing stubhub when I found tickets in the all-you-can-eat-and-drink box for a reasonable amount. So I bought them! For no particular reason other than it would be fun. Boyfriend was very excited.  Thus my healthy intentions were pushed back another day. C'est la vie!

This one is another workout I've pulled from the Women's Health 'Big Book of 15 Minute Workouts', this time their 'Bikini Body Workout 2', but I've tweaked it a bit to work in my gym - removing the barbell-rolling pushups and replacing them with some different ab work.

I'm also going to try and start finding these exercises online somewhere -- look for links within the workout if you're curious as to what, exactly, constitutes these moves.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Legs -- no idea why...
Yesterday: Beer x2 No exercise x2.
Environment: Indoors -- hottest day of the year so far...

Workout
Warmup: Elliptical - 5:00 - .5 mi
Equipment: dumbbells - 15lb, 12lb [hex]; box; barbell - 40lb; ab roller stability ball
Work Time: 35:00


GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type] Set 2: Reps - Weight [type]
Squat + Overhead Press15 - 15lbs15 - 15lbs15 - 15lbs
DB Pushup + Row10/side [alt] - 12lbs [hex]5/side - 12lbs [with pushups]
5/side - 12 lbs [no pushups]
4/side - 15lbs [with pushups]
6/side - 15lbs [no pushups]
Reverse Lunge + DB Curl15/side [alt] - 12lbs15/side - 12lbs
[3 sets of 5/side]
15/side - 12lbs
[2 sets]
Tricep Dip + Reach15/side [alt]5/side [dip + reach]
10 dips x2 sets
8/side [dip + reach]
8 dips x2 sets
Sumo Squat15 - 40lb [barbell]15 - 40lb8 squats + 4 low squats
x2 sets
Lunge + Overhead Press15/side [alt] - 15lbs12/side - 12lbs [with press]
3/side - 12 lbs [no press]
15/side - 12lbs
Barbell Pushup121012 [no barbell]
Ab Rolls
Stability Ball Mountain Climbers
12
30
3030
Total time7:30 [x2]16:0019:00
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal
Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 2
Stretch Time: 2:00
Total Time: 1:10:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Shoulders!

Comments
Holy hell... I do not recommend drinking heavily two nights in a row and attempting anything resembling a difficult workout. I barely got through this intact. Everything was a disaster -- starting with the fact I couldn't find the ab roller so I had to improves, then I couldn't even get through most of the sets without stopping to rest. I tried to make myself feel better by making the moves that didn't make me want to die harder -- like adding weight to the DB rows because I knew there was no way I'd get through 20 pushups. Then my noble intentions to throw a cardio workout after this one were defenestrated (!) after I failed at pushups. At that point, it was time to cut my losses and hole up at home. I also don't know how I managed to be there over an hour for a 35 minute workout. Sigh. I'll have to retry this workout in the near future to figure out exactly how hard it is, because I'd like to think it won't make me want to cry if I'm anything resembling on top of my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment