Wednesday, August 1, 2012

30:00 Park Workout

The original plan for today was to go lift heavy things at the gym, but I'm currently house-hunting as was invited to an open-house at the last minute. The open house is near my current place, which is not near the gym, so going back OUT of my house after leaving work early and being nearby would have been an effort of will I do not possess. Plus, my dog looked lonely. To the park!

I adapted this workout from one I found on one of the food blogs I follow: The Part-Time Housewife. Every week she puts out a new workout in her 'Sweaty Saturday' column. I didn't quite like the original workout as it was presented -- I didn't think it was evenly balanced between plyometric exercises and static ones, so I shuffled things around a bit and made it my own. I also didn't feel like busting out the timer for only part of a workout, so I switched some of the timed sets to reps.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: None, really.
Yesterday: Baseball game! Alcohol, no exercise.
Environment: outside -- so humid I almost gave up halfway through the first set because I felt as if I needed gills to breathe.

Workout
Equipment: jump rope (optional)
Work Time:~30:00


Actual
Exercise NameSet 1: Reps Set 2: Reps
Jumping Jacks5050
Plank1:001:00
Jump Rope100100
Pushups1212
Jump Rope100100
Plie Squats2525
Mountain Climbers100100
Plie Squats on Toes2525
Burpees1010
Curtsey Squats20/side20/side
Split Jumps3030
One-Leg Calf Raise25/side25/side
Jump Rope100100


Post
Energy Level [1-5]:
Stretch Time:  
Total Time:


Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 
Sore Areas:

Comments
This workout definitely took longer than I thought it wood. Partially because the dog was being needy and I couldn't get through a dozen turns of a jump rope without him getting in the way, demanding I throw his ball, but also because it turns out jump roping is hard! I kept tripping over it, or over my own feet, or getting it caught on a branch or something. I'll likely do this workout again, but I'd like to get it going quickly enough that I can do 3 sets in a reasonable amount of time. Or I'll transfer it into a HITT workout and go for time instead of reps. Either way, I hope next time it outdoor temp is less than 95 with 90% humidity. That would help.

No comments:

Post a Comment