Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Workout Wrapup + Spartacus

It's been a crap month. There's no excuse for it, it just has been. Three weeks later and I still don't have anywhere to call home next month and I think the stress is getting to me. Instead of planning workouts all my spare time has been devoted to canvassing Craigslist in an effort to find a place that I can both afford and bear to live in. Harder than I thought it would be. Plus we've been rejected from the only two places we were really excited about, which was disappointing. Back to the drawing board...

Moving has been affecting my workouts too. I think I only made it 2 or 3 times last week -- I can't even remember! I know there was a decent run in there -- around 6 1/2 miles or so -- as well as a halfhearted lift. I might have jumped up and down at the park too? I can't remember. I do know that Monday I swam. It was a fairly slow 100 x 20m. Our pool does this stupid thing where they make the lanes go across the pool during public hours, using the short side of their 25 x 20m pool for lanes. I never noticed how much I counted on those giant +s to tell me where the walls were until they were gone. I must have nearly brained myself half a dozen times...

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: Stress headache.
Yesterday: Slug. No alcohol, no exercise.
Environment: Indoors. Not too hot outside though.

Workout
Equipment: dumbbell: 25 [x1], 20 [x1], 15 [hex];
Work Time: 30:00


GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type] Set 2: Reps - Weight [type] Set 3: Reps - Weight [type]
Goblet Squat20 - 25lbs [DB]182122
Mountain Climber100107107110
Single Arm DB Swing10/side - 20lbs [DB] 18lb med. ball141313
T-pushup10 - 15lbs
12lbs [hex DB]
11109
Split Jumps40464450
DB Row
30 -15lbs [DB]
323132
DB Side Lunge10/side - 15lbs [DB]888
Plank Row10/side - 15lbs [DB]302424
One-Arm Overhead Lunge12/side - 15lbs [MB]1157
Explosive Overhead Press20 - 15lbs [DB]202020
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3.5
Stretch Time:  10:00
Total Time: 57:00


Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: Legs

Comments
So glad I actually got to the gym and did this, it made me feel better about almost everything! Haven't done it in awhile, so I was a bit worried I wouldn't be as good as last time, but I think I held up. The only thing I still can't figure out is what to put in the next-to-last position. They're supposed to be twisting lunges, but I lunge so slowly I can't get a decent number in during the :50. So I switched it out for one-arm overhead lunges today, which according to Self are kind of the 'advanced' version of the previous move in that they work the same muscles but are harder, but they EXHAUSTED my shoulders and my overhead presses were excruciating. So that spot is still up for debate...

I'm also disappointed we don't have 15lb hex dumbbells -- I thought we did! Guess I'm stuck using the 12s for my pushups -- I'll just have to do them faster if I want to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment