Friday, August 24, 2012

Soccer + Errand Running = Workouts

After the Spartacus on Tuesday, my aching obliques and I chose to go play soccer on Wednesday. It was 'playoff' week, so we were playing a pretty good team. We lost, but I think I got in a solid 40:00 of sprinting around, so that kind of counts as a workout? Add in the 7 mile round trip bike ride (I might have gotten lost on the way there...), and it totally counts!

Thursday I took a rest day, but today (Friday) was kind of crazy. As I've mentioned, I'm moving at the end of the month. Finally found a place (yay!) and they were willing to hand over the keys a week early (double yay!), but I had to get them from a far-away not-metro-able part of the city (boo!). So I used that errand as an excuse to take a half-day from work and spend 2 hours biking around accomplishing things. Got the parking permits for the moving van, picked up the keys, grabbed some wine... productive afternoon, if I do say so myself. AND my Schwinn and I managed to cover almost 12 miles, including a fair stretch of uphill trekking. Check it out:



Elevation ranges from -3 to +210 feet over the course of the ride.

Family and friends visiting this weekend, so it's unlikely I'll pretend to be healthy at any point, but definitely getting back into it Monday. One more hard week of workouts before the triathlon, eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment