Tuesday, March 5, 2013

ZCUT #1 + Blogilates - Total Body

Hello, my name is Britt, and I have a problem. [chorus: hiiiiii Britt!] Not a Problem kind of a problem, more of a "problem", really. And my problem is this: I have the complete and utter inability to trust that a given workout program is going to help me become a better me. There are TONS of them out there -- I can point to nearly a dozen online just off the top of my head. But to me, they all seem so... one-dimensional? Because here's the thing: I like the fact I can lift heavier things than most people. I also like the fact I could wander outside and run 10 miles right now if I felt like it (although my boss would likely not appreciate the effort). And while I'm well aware my flexibility could use some work, I'm completely at ease with the fact I will absolutely never make it into a full wheel pose. And knowing that, I have a hard time trusting that these abilities won't disappear the second I change up my usual workout routine.

Yes, I understand that jumping up and down is good for me. While the universe would like me to think that 4 weeks of jumping up and down, killing myself, 9 minutes at a time will give me enviable abs, will it improve my 10k pace? Will lifting 10 pound weights for a solid 7 minutes straight help put more weight on the bicep bar, or will it just make me better at lifting almost nothing for absurd periods of time? I don't know. The cynical part of me thinks that as fit as all these people building the workout programs are, they must be doing SOMETHING beyond what they're telling me to do, right? They didn't REALLY get that fit just from doing what they're telling me to do. There have to be secret 10-milers on the side or some such...

But, I'll also never know what works unless I try it, right? And I probably can't completely destroy my current fitness abilities by switching up my routine for just one short month. Probably. That's what I'm going to keep telling myself as I tackle a month of my two new favorite workouts -- for the next 4 weeks (or however long I stick with it), I'm going to try and follow the ZCUT workouts and the MarchMakeover Blogilates calendar. Now, pretty much I already know this is doomed to failure since both programs advocate working out like 6 times a week, which I just don't do. I'm a 3- or 4-workouts a week kind of girl. 5 is a fantastic effort. 2 is pathetic. So I'm hoping by combining these two programs and maybe throwing in some extra cardio along the way I'll make up for my lack of every day dedication. And, if I'm really lucky, all this will be enough to tone me up for a stint as a bridesman in t-minus 5 weeks. Strapless dress, here I come...

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Enh.
Yesterday: Fancy dinner out, haven't exercised in days and days...
Environment: Indoors, at home!

Workout
Warmup: dynamic 7:00 [squats, lunges, pushups, etc]
Equipment: None!
Work Time: 25:00

ZCUT #1 - total time: 9:30 [includes extra 10 burpees]

Blogilates - POP Sculpt: Total Body Sculpt

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total in-Gym Time: 0:00!

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 1
Sore Areas: Arms

Comments
So this workout was a leeeeettle bit of a cop-out, but boyfriend came home while I was in the middle of pop sculpt and as soon as that happens I always lose the motivation to do any more exercise. There's dinner to make! Pup to play with! And I always feel weird jumping up and down when there are other people in the house. Hopefully I'll get better at that, otherwise I'm never going to accomplish anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment