Monday, March 18, 2013

ZCUT #5 + Blogilates - Abs

Considering it was St. Patrick's day weekend, I didn't feel as terrible as I thought I would this morning! Shamrockfest was a monster of a drinking day, as per usual. We started at our friends' house with 'Star Wars Brunch' - basically a normal brunch except the pancakes look like Yoda. And X wings. And TIE fighters. And the Millennium Falcon. And this weekend they were green! I contributed Black and Tan Brownies and Scotch Eggs to the festivities (yes I realize Scotland and Ireland aren't the same place, but I was also using Italian sausage so cut me some slack, yah? Plus I found them on a website named 'Edible Ireland', so I can't take all the blame). After we stuffed ourselves we headed to the drinking festival and proceeded to consume many giant cups of beer. And it even managed to say mostly dry! A win of a day. Boyfriend and I ended up leaving a bit early to see to the dog, and we were so tired by the time we got home that we immediately fell asleep upon returning to our house (after walking and feeding the dog, obviously). No dinner, no nothing. Dead to the world by 8:30. Does this make us old? Probably.

But on the bright side it means we were ready and rarin' to go Sunday morning. More brunch! Green mimosas! Which, by the by, were a fail because I only had gel cake coloring and not liquid food coloring, so it just kind of ended up looking like a curl of green... goo... at the bottom of an otherwise normal drink. It was really unappetizing. But at least we tried...

But due to the weekend-long debauchery, my house is a disaster, I have no clean clothes and nothing normal in the house to eat. So I'm going to take my workout home with me and fit it between loads of laundry and simmering a Beef and Guinness Stew that I lazed out of making Sunday night...

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Upper back?
Yesterday:St. Patrick's Day weekend. Nuff' said.
Environment: Indoors, at home!

Workout
Warmup: dynamic 7:00 [squats, lunges, pushups, etc]
Equipment: None!
Work Time: ~45:00

ZCUT #5 : Time challenge: Long Jump Burpees, High High-Knees, Tricep Dips [4 rounds] -- 9:30

Blogilates - MarchMakeover 3/20 - Core [42:47]

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 0:00 [whoops]
Total in-Gym Time: 0:00!

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Abs -- mostly obliques, but kind of everything

Comments
I'm worried that I'm doing these ZCUT workouts incorrectly because I keep beating Zuzana's times. This one I completely destroyed by more than a minute -- mostly because my 'high high-knees' were a '1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2' pace and she was more a '1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2' pace. I doubt I'm as fit as she is, so I must be doing something wrong. It's probably my burpees. I suck at burpees.

No comments:

Post a Comment