Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ZCUT #6 + 2.85 mi Run/Walk

SPRING IS HERE!! Well, for today at least. It's supposed to flurry later tonight and be back in the 30's tomorrow, but whatever. The calendar says spring, the current temp is in the mid-50s, and I'll take it!

Boyfriend had counted on the weather being nice and planned on taking the dog for a run today, which normally would leave me free to spend mucho extra time in the gym. But it's so nice, I think I'm going to run with them! Partially, anyway. I'm going to jog with them down to the grass as my warmup, do my ZCUT plus whatever else I can fit in while the run somewhere, then join back up with them for the tail of their run. Hopefully I can drag them both up the hill -- it's good for them!

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Sore Areas: Obliques.
Yesterday: Jumping + Ab-bing
Environment: Outside! Warm! Windy...

Workout
Warmup: Jogging ~ .6 mi
Equipment: None!
Work Time:

ZCUT #6 : 10:00 circuit: low jacks, 'flying' jump lunges, side burpees, superhero hold
Round 1 - 25, 22, 5, 12
Round 2 - 25, 20, 5, 12
Round 3 - 23, 20, 5, 11
Round 4 - 24, 20, 5, 12
Round 5 - 25, 22, 4, 12

Bonus: Kick lunges (20/side)

Jog/Walk: 2.25 mi.

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total in-Gym Time: 0:00!

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: Quads, Obliques

Comments
They made it! Boyfriend is still on the upswing of the 'getting fit' process, so he was all like 'I can't do the hill, I'm not ready, it's too far, I already ran my 3 miles' blah blah blah. I dragged him up anyway. Yes there was walking involved, but the important thing is that it happened. Progress! Next time we'll job the WHOLE way up, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment