Friday, March 29, 2013

Distance Run - 6.2 mi

Friday! My dad's in town, which means it's guaranteed to be an awesome weekend full of amazing food. Tonight we're going on a cruise on the river, in theory to see the spring blooms. Unfortunately the blooms haven't bloomed, so in reality we'll just have happy hour on the river. And then we're going to my favorite pizza place and probably eating a heap of prosciutto. So I'm making it a priority today to get out of work with enough time to go for a run. Dog will be excited about the extra love too!

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Sore Areas: None
Yesterday: Rowing, upper body lift.
Environment: Outdoors - gorgeous, sunny, and warm!

Workout
Equipment: none!
Work Time: ~65:00
Distance: 6.2 mi.

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total Time: ~65:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2 - mostly just tight
Sore Areas: Quads/Calves

Comments
What a disaster. Next time I think it's a good idea to go running mid-afternoon during tourist season, remind me it's not. Ugh. I had originally planned to run to Lincoln, but after dealing with crowds for the first mile and a half I gave up that plan. Instead I ran up the hill and into the residential neighborhoods. Which were nicely empty, but holy stop lights batman. I think I hit nearly every single one! And of course it was also rush hour, so there was very little ability to sneak across on reds because I probably would have been hit by a car. I probably stood around for 10 minutes over the course of this run! So terrible. And then a few miles away from home dog decided he didn't want to run any more. I had to practically drag him the last 2 miles, AND I had to end the run about half a mile earlier than I wanted to because he sat down and refused to move any more. I think it's because boyfriend took him running earlier this week -- I'll have to remember to space out our workouts more. All in all, a disappointing effort. But at least it was something...

No comments:

Post a Comment