Monday, July 8, 2013

Body Pump

Whew... that was a Long Weekend. So many activities, so little time to lead a normal life. There was baseball and bbqs and a bar crawl and a yearly epic party, plus a last-minute going-away boozy brunch for a friend that's moving. I didn't have time (or energy) to put my laundry away, much less slip out for exercise.

So I had a whole hard workout planned for today -- one of my new cardio + toning routines -- but when I got to the gym early enough for BodyPUMP and there weren't a slew of people waiting I changed my mind. It's been awhile since I did any straight-up lifting [meaning - squats, bench press, bicep curls... none of the 3-exercises-in-one lunge-to-lift-to-twsit-to-curl stuff] so it seemed like a good idea.

I should really start factoring back in lifting days - I'm not entirely sure light toning between cardio sessions is really doing anything (or maybe it is! Variety is the spice of life after all). Because the moves tend to be complicated, I need to use the weights sized for the weakest muscle worked. Thus, I end up using 10 pound weights for squats because that move also involves a bicep curl and I can only do so many of those with 20 pound weights, and that 'so many' is not the 20-30 reps called for (it's more like 5. lez be honest).

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Sore Areas: None
Yesterday: No exercise. Goodbye brunching.
Environment: Indoors.

Workout
Warmup: 7:00 Stationary Bike
Equipment: small barbell, plates: 5kg x4, 2.5kg x2, 1kg x2
Work Time: 60:00

BodyPump: 60:00, full-body workout

Muscle GroupWeight [plates = total]Increase/Decrease?
Warmup - All2 x 5kg = 10 kgno
Legs/Gluts4 x 5kg + 2 x 2.5 kg = 25kgno
Chest2 x ( 5kg + 2.5kg) = 15 kgno
Back/Hamstrings2 x (5kg + 2.5 kg +1 kg) = 17 kgIncrease
Triceps2 x ( 5kg + 1 kg) = 12 kgno
Biceps2 x 5 kg = 10 kgno
Shoulders2 x 5kg = 10 kgno

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 5:00
Total in-Gym Time: 75:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]:2
Sore Areas: Legs, Biceps, Upper Back


Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment