Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Distance Run - 3.65 mi

Kickball day! Which means no time for a real workout, but since I'm still working off the massive amounts of butter I ingested over the weekend (and I slacked yesterday) I need to do *something*. So, I'll run to the kickball fields! They're less than 2 miles away, but if I turn right instead of left and head up the hill before I go down to the fields, plus run a bit beyond and come back I can stretch that to 4, which is a completely reasonable distance for a proper workout.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Hamstrings
Yesterday: Happy hour!
Environment: outside!

Workout
Equipment: None!
Work Time: 33:00


Distance: 3.65 mi
Time: 33:00
Avg Pace: 9:02/mi

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total Time: 35:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: Hamstrings

Comments
My hamstrings were much sorer than I originally thought they were, which meant I was not moving nearly as fast as I had planned. That, coupled with the fact I got out of my house about 5 minutes later than I should have meant I had to cut the run short since I wanted to make it to kickball on time. Oh well, at least I got in something.

I laugh sometimes though - 3 years ago or so I would have considered running 3 1/2 miles a massive accomplishment. Back then, 3 was pretty much the norm, and more often than not I took a puppy playtime break about a mile in (we would run by the park and he'd get so excited!). Now, I'm disappointed in myself if I don't make it at least 5, but 6 is better, and more often than not I'm the one dragging the pup through those last miles. Sometimes I get distracted and run more, although 10 is my max and I've only done that a couple of times (I have better things to do than devote that much time to running, thankyouverymuch).

No comments:

Post a Comment