Thursday, October 31, 2013

Total Body Tone [TIU]

Happy Halloween!! I LOVE Halloween -- I love finding the perfect costume, getting dressed up and seeing what everyone else has cleverly thrown together. Which is why I'm super disappointed that I've pretty much missed Halloween this year. Last weekend's wedding and this weekend's camping trip have knocked out both Hallo-weekends, and tonight is 'madly prep for the camping trip' night. There are tons of errands to run, firewood to obtain, bags to pack and food to prep so that we can get out of here in a timely fashion tomorrow. Last year we didn't prep properly, spent 3 hours running around looking for a fire pit (we went to three home depots. THREE) because the one we had ordered off Amazon got rerouted due to Sandy and we needed something to cook on, didn't end up leaving until almost 10 PM, arrived just before midnight, and had to set up our tents in complete blackness because they turned the lights off at 12. I was thisclose to turning around and going home. But I didn't, we had fun, and I learned my lesson: advanced planning! So here I am now, sacrificing my Halloween to make oatmeal cakes so I don't starve to death. Sigh. At least I got away with wearing my Ninja Turtles shirt to work today.

Only a little bit of time to work out today due to the afore-mentioned errands and baking, so I did a quick toning routine in the 20 minute intervals my oatmeal cakes were baking in. Routine is from ToneItUp, a special Halloween workout.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 5. Busy busy busy!
Sore Areas: Hamstrings, a little
Yesterday: Short jog
Environment: indoors, at home, on carpet, oatmeal in the oven...

Workout
Equipment: None!
Work Time: 35:00


GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type] Set 2: Reps - Weight [type] Set 3: Reps - Weight [type]
Crab Walk8 steps forward, 8 back x48/8 x48/8 x48/8 x4
Plank Pike-Ups20202020
Lunge + Twist20/side20/side20/side20/side
Bridges [slow]20202020
Spider Pushups10101010
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 5
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total Time: 35:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: Hamstrings

Comments
Workout wasn't as hard as I was hoping to get, but something is better than nothing! And those spider pushups were killer in the moment although they didn't leave me sore the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment