Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blogilates - Full Body Focus

Am I the only person who thinks making decisions is taxing? I spent a solid (read: embarrassingly long) chuck of time today trying to figure out what to wear to a formal work event tomorrow and now I want nothing more than a nap. Sheesh.

As a result, I don't have the mental energy to pull together a workout for today. I'm going to be lucky if I manage to drag myself to the gym. My original plan was to make some modifications to a workout I did awhile back that involved interspersing lifting exercises with jumping rope. I wanted to modify it because I feel almost like I've gotten into somewhat of a lifting-moves rut. Like, seriously, I can't come up with anything better than squats with an shoulder press, maybe a lunge or two and some dumbbell rows? Apparently not. Not today anyway (although I did see a girl at the gym this week doing some squat while front/side dumbbell lifting thing that looked mad hard, so I'm going to have to work that in at some point in the future). Throw in my constant fear that I'm working all the same muscles in all the same ways all the time (re: squats and lunges) and the result is that I've changed my mind and am going to go in my new favorite not-quite-convinced-it's-a-real-thing-yet workout: Blogilates! I'll jump around tomorrow...

However, in the (granted, short amount of) time I've been working with the program Cassey Ho puts together, I've noticed one thing: girl loves her some lower body workouts. If you browse her channels, it seems like 4 out of every 5 videos is dedicated to having a perky butt or long lean legs. While I can't deny wanting both of those things, I do also have arms that could use some work and a back that is punished by sitting in a desk 9 hours a day. So I'm switching out some of the extra booty work suggested for today's workout and subbing in back and arm videos chosen completely at random. Because that's always a good idea.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas:Nothing beyond the usual.
Yesterday: No exercise. A couple beers.
Environment: Indoors. Super cold. Forgot sweatpants. Eff...

Workout
Warmup: 
Equipment: None!
Work Time: 1:00:00

JaNEWary Full Body Focus - 1/24 [Modified]

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 0
Total in-Gym Time: 0 -- done at home

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 1
Sore Areas: Back, a little

Comments
Lost my gym motivation at some point in the middle of the afternoon when I also decided I didn't want to cook dinner. I blame work. Luckily, boyfriend offered to bring home salads so I didn't have to make anything. So while he did that, I decided to go home to take care of the pup, and then do this workout at home. It was immediately difficult, as usual, but I'm not feeling a lot of post-workout soreness. I might have been slacking -- it's been known to happen when I try to work out at home. Didn't help that boyfriend came home about halfway though with my dinner; it kind of killed my momentum, and I definitely cut the last ab workout short out. There was salad to eat!

Lesson learned: even if I'm working out at home, pretend there are people judging me. No slacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment