Monday, January 28, 2013

Quick Total Body Lift

Such a fun weekend! It was my mom's birthday, so my sister and I joined her in Minneapolis to watch the baby sister's Cyclone gymnasts team take on the Golden Gophers. They lost, sadly, but there was some mad home court advantage going on -- 9.8s being out given to the Minnesotans like candy. Bah humbug.

But it was a most excellent weekend regardless -- saw the fam, had some good food and good wine, and a most excellent frittata Sunday morning. Middle sister and I even got in a bit of a workout Sunday morning -- she was curious as to this Blogilates thing I've been following, so we did a couple videos together. Pajama exercise for the win!

As usual after a decadent weekend I'm eager to get back to the gym and get back on track. Unfortunately, as always after an out-of-town weekend I have 6 million (margin of error: 3%) domestic chores to take care of. I'm out of clean clothes, there's no food in the house, and whatever my dog shredded all over the carpet needs to be vacuumed up (I think it was a cork... maybe a bone... possibly both). Not to mention the disaster in the kitchen or the 6 days of snow detritus that's been tracked across the floor. So... instead of a real workout, I'm going to take care of business and slip in this strength training quickie. I'll save the origin story for another time, but it's mostly a custom job that I use to supplement cardio sessions when I'm falling short on lift days or, on days like today, when I want to do something good for me but don't have a lot of time.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Sore Areas:  None! A little stiff from the 5 hours I spent on a plane yesterday (thanks for the delay, Mother Nature) but nothing major.
Yesterday: Brunch. 5 hours on an airplane.
Environment: indoors -- weather can't decide what it wants to do. It might be slushing? Freezing rain? Who knows.

Workout
Equipment: none
Work Time: ~20:00


Chest [reps]Legs [reps]Abs [reps]Back [reps]
Round 1Pushups [14]Squat + Kick [28]Stability Ball Situps [28]Bent-Over Row [28 x 10lbs]
Round 2Pushups [20]Side Lunge [20/leg]Side Plank + Toe Tap [20/side]Upper Body Supermans [40]
Round 3Pushups [16]Alt. Front Lunge [16/leg]Plank + Leg Lift [16/leg]Standing Shoulder Blade Squeeze [32 x 10lbs]
Round 4Pushups [16]Sumo Squat [32]Russian Twists [32]Lower Body Supermans [40]
Round 5Pushups [22]Low-Half Squats [6 sets of 8]Mountain Climbers [50]Combo Supermans [50]

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 
Stretch Time: 
Total Time: 

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 
Sore Areas: 

Comments

1 comment:

  1. A "body lift" is actually a combination of surgical procedures, usually a butt lift, bilateral thigh lifts and a tummy tuck
    thanks
    SMitasharma

    ReplyDelete