Thursday, January 31, 2013

Total Body Lift

Pretty consistently this is the time of the week where I don't wanna do anything anymore. Don't want to devise a new workout, don't want to cook anything, just want to curl up and wait for the weekend. And I haven't even done much this week! Lazy panda, over here. Perhaps I should think about using some of my early-week energy to map out workouts for later in the week when I don'wanna.

Luckily, the internet is full of people that will plan for me! Today's workout comes courtesy of the Fitnessista as part of her 'Winter Shape-Up 2013' series.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: None.
Yesterday: Beer, No exercise
Environment: Indoors

Workout
Equipment: dumbbells - 15lb
Work Time: 34:00


GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type] Set 2: Reps - Weight [type] Set 3: Reps - Weight [type]
Lateral Lunge R + 2 Jump Lunges + Lateral Lunge L10 rounds12 rounds
[start R]
12 rounds
[start L]
12 rounds
[alt. start]
Pile Squat + Bicep Curl + Overhead PressL)15 - 15 lbs15 -15 lbs15 - 15 lbs15 - 15 lbs
Single-Leg Bent-Over Row (L) + Squats + (R)12/side [alt] + 15 squats - 15 lbs15/side + 1515/side + 1515/side + 15
Plank + Knee Touch15/side 151515
Supermans20202020
Bridged Chest Press15 - 15 lbs20 - 15 lbs20 - 15 lbs20 - 15 lbs
Pushups12000
Abs: On-elbow knee tuck + extend + life20202020
Total time
11:0012:0011:00
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 8:00
Total Time: 60:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 1
Sore Areas: Upper quads/Hip Flexors, Upper Back

Comments
Whoops. Totally forgot to write the pushups into my book, so those fell by the wayside. Fail...

But aside from that, I actually felt really good after this workout! I think I found all the right weights/reps for the exercises I was doing, which doesn't happen too often. Definitely felt some burn/fatigue by the end, but in a good way.  Totally probably might have burnt off that Potbelly's sugar cookie I ate earlier (my undoing, EVERY TIME). Also I'm slightly worried my triceps aren't getting enough action -- going to have to look up some tricep moves and work them in in the future. Almost the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment