Thursday, February 28, 2013

CXWORX + Body Pump

STILL not feeling the workout love this week. What gives? All I want to do is go home and curl up with a book. Unfortunately, that's not going to make my abs any prettier, no matter how many veggies I eat. Sigh. I can't wait to get out of this slump. Thankfully my gym offers other people that are completely willing to kick my ass for me; off to BodyPump...

Apparently I had plans to keep track of my weights and 'go regularly', but that hasn't happened. But I'll still post them here, since I believe I changed them a bit as compared to last time. 

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: Enh.
Yesterday: No exercise. Beer drinking.
Environment: Indoors.

Workout
Warmup: 5:00 Stationary Bike
Equipment: resistance band [orange], small barbell, plates: 5kg x4, 2.5kg x2, 1kg x2
Work Time: 90:00

CXWORX: 30:00, various core exercises
BodyPump: 60:00, full-body workout

Muscle GroupWeight [plates = total]Increase/Decrease?
Warmup - All2 x 5kg = 10 kgno
Legs/Gluts4 x 5kg = 20kgIncrease
Chest2 x ( 5kg + 2.5kg) = 15 kgno
Back/Hamstrings2 x (5kg + 2.5 kg +1kg) = 17 kgIncrease
Biceps2 x (2.5 kg +1kg) = 7 kgIncrease
Shoulders2 x 5kg = 10 kgno

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 5:00
Total in-Gym Time: 2:00:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 1
Sore Areas: Upper back


Comments
Actually felt better after my workout - yay! Funny how that sometimes happens. Sometimes being the operative word. I know everyone's always like 'exercise is so good for your mood all the time yay!' but honestly, if it isn't a good workout, it isn't going to make me feel better. See: Monday's failure.

I also had a mini epiphany today. See, I always berate myself because I put weights on the bar that I can do no problem outside class, but then during class I'm lifting them and DYING. It's most noticeable during the bicep track -- I usually toss on the 5kg plates and try to power though, with running commentary in my brain along the lines of "5 kg per side, that's like 11 pounds per arm.  YOU CAN LIFT 11 POUNDS YOU WIMP. WHY ARE YOU DYING ALREADY? WE JUST STARTED! 11 POUNDS!!". And then today the instructor made an offhand comment about how excited he was about the brand-new weight set the gym just got in for the class and how the new bars might be a bit heavier than the old bars, and it hit me: THE BARS HAVE WEIGHT TOO. I don't know exactly how much, but they are solid metal so I wouldn't be surprised to learn its in the realm of 10 pounds or so. Which means my 11 pounds? Not 11 pounds! Probably more like 15 pounds! Which I have less trouble admitting will kick my ass after a minute of solid curling. Horray! As a result of my epiphany I downgraded the weight on the bar, and lo and behold I made it all the way through the bicep track. Who'da thunk it. So now my goal is to work back up to using the 5kg plates (and beyond)!

No comments:

Post a Comment