Tuesday, April 2, 2013

40:00 Bike

My typical approach to working out is to look at the coming week and try to plan my workouts around what I've got going on. It will usually go something like this: I have <whatever event> (a wedding) coming up in <whatever amount of time> (12 days), so I really need to work out this week <some number> (5) times. Realistically, I'm only going to be able to get myself to the gym Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. I can work out Wednesday and Thursday, but it'll have to be at a weird time outside or at home. I'm hangin with the fam this weekend, so working out Saturday or Sunday is probably a no-go. I'd like to fit a long run in somewhere, according to the weather my best bets are Thursday or Friday. Yesterday I chose to jump up and down, and I'd ideally not do that more than twice in a row, which means if I also jump Tuesday I can't Wednesday. However, Wednesday jumping up and down might be a good idea since I can do it at home, so I should probably avoid it Tuesday. That leaves not-distance-running cardio or lifting, both of which are good gym options since they use equipment I don't have elsewhere. However, since my at-home options are kind of lifting-like, I think I'm going to opt to cardio on Tuesday, then I'll at-home jump/lift Wednesday, Thursday I'll either jump and lift a different muscle group or go for a run, and Friday I'll do whatever else I didn't get to this week.

Did you follow all that? No? Well, moral of the story is that I've chosen to do cardio today. According to my long-term calendar, the last couple cardio workouts have been running, rowing, walking, and stair stepping. Looks like I'm overdue for a bike ride!

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Sore Areas: Obliques.
Yesterday: Jumping! Kind of lame ab workout.
Environment: Indoors

Workout
Equipment: Stationary Bike
Level: 16
Work Time: 40:00

Minutes Intensity: RPM Total Distance (mi)
0:00 - 5:00 60-75[+1.6] 1.16
5:01 - 10:00 95+ [:20]
40- [:10]
x10

[+1.62] 2.78
10:01 - 40:00 Repeat 0:00 - 10:00
x3
[+ 1.22] 4.0
[+1.51] 5.51
[+1.19] 6.7
[+1.49] 8.19
[+1.18] 9.37
[+1.43] 10.8
Total: 40:0072.5 [avg]10.8

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 10:00
Total Time: 60:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 1
Sore Areas: Obliques

Comments
I upped the resistance on the bike workout (mostly just for shiggles) and it definitely reflected in my distance -- I figure I'm about a mile short of where I should be to be on pace with the lighter resistance. I also could absolutely feel it in my quads -- workin hard! No lingering effects though, absolutely no next day soreness. Guess I need to work harder...

No comments:

Post a Comment