Monday, April 15, 2013

Total Body Lift [ToneItUp] + 30:00 Bike

Whew! Been a seriously busy month so far -- between traveling to Arizona to cheer on my sister at the NCAA gymnastics regional meet and then prepping for slash being in a wedding this past Saturday there hasn't been a lot of down time. While I have been fitting in workouts, especially last week when I was hitting it extra hard to look good in the wedding photos, I haven't had a chance to track things as I should. It got to the point where I can't even remember if I worked out one of the days or not! Disaster. Today I'm going back to good habits! Hopefully over the course of the week I'll back-fill the workouts from earlier this month, but they'll be pretty bare-bones.

New workout source today: Tone It Up. I'm going to be trying several of their workouts this week to see if I want to jump on their bikini program that starts up next month. My first impression is that they're a little more commercial than I'm used to, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The website is run by two gorgeous woman - Karena and Katrina - and focuses on both fitness and healthy eating. I found them originally because Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny was jumping on their nutritional bandwagon, but then I learned that they're also this year's trainers for Self's annual 'Drop 10' program. I signed up for the program, but because I'm crap at following instructions I'll probably be just using it as 'inspiration'. Can never have too many sources of workouts or recipes in my book.

Unfortunately, clumsy me managed to step on some glass during the reception on Saturday, so I'm going to avoid running for a few days to let the wounds heel. And of course since I decided doing 20 minutes of jump rope on Friday followed by hours of jumping around the dance floor Saturday was good planning, my calves are still in recovery mode. That leaves me with few choices for today's workout, so I'm going with some low-impact lifting followed by some stationary biking if I'm feeling frisky. Lifting series is ToneItUp's 'TLC : Tone, Lift, Cinch' workout. Bikini body, here I come!

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Calves!
Yesterday: Wedding recovery.
Environment: indoors

Workout
Equipment: dumbbells - 15lb, 10lb; stationary bike
Work Time: 57:00

Upper Body Lift:

GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type] Set 2: Reps - Weight [type] Set 3: Reps - Weight [type]
Side Lunge + Shoulder Press15/side - 15lbs15/side - 15lbs15/side - 15lbs15/side - 10lbs
Bicep Curl + Side Leg Lift15/side - 10lbs15/side - 10lbs15/side - 10lbs15/side - 10lbs
Table Tricep Dip + Leg Extension15/side15/side15/side15/side
V-Ups30303030
Russian Twists30303030
Total time10:00?8:0010:009:00
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Stationary Bike
Level: 15
Minutes Intensity: RPM Total Distance (mi)
0:00 - 3:00 ~75
3:01 - 5:00 ~87
5:01 - 6:00 ~97
6:01 - 6:30 110+1.83
6:31 - 26:00 Repeat 0:00 - 6:30
x3
3.7
5.62
7.53
26:01 - 30:00 ~75
level 10
8.25
Total: 30:0017.37 mph8.25

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total Time: 75:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 2
Sore Areas: biceps, quads, hamstrings

Comments
Those shoulder presses were killer! Which is a little disappointing, because I can totally lunge and row the heavier weight, but as soon as we start talking about 30 bicep curls PLUS the should presses it gets too difficult. I'm also a little surprised as to how hard this workout actually was -- didn't feel like much at the time, but I'm feeling it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment