Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Blogilates - Upper Body

Uggggh so it begins.... baseball season that is. Boyfriend has season tickets, which means we spend a lot of time at the park. And while I love a day at the ballpark as much as the next beer fan, according to last year the season tends to spell disaster for my workout schedule and my eating habits (and my wallet, but that's a whole other story). Which is a terrible one-two anti-health knockout. Especially on those days where we buy tickets 3 minutes before the game starts. So this year I'm trying to do things differently! By getting up early and working out and making sure to be extra-super healthy throughout the day.

Anyone that knows me even slightly will tell you that I am not really a morning person. Yes, I'm awake the second I get out of bed and ready to be productive about 8 seconds after that, but actually removing covers and putting feet on the floor is So Hard. It's always too cold out there, or I'm tired, or I've already overslept a little and now there clearly isn't enough time to do ANYTHING but sleep for another half hour, or one of a zillion other probably really good excuses. However, I also have to be in a wedding next week and actually look good in pictures, and that's motivation enough for the next dozen days or so. I'm hoping after that it'll just be no big thing.

Since this is pretty much my first (maybe third) time getting up and immediately attempting to sweat, I kept it on the easy side and did an upper body Blogilates routine. No jumping up and down, no fear of pulling a hamstring because I've been lying prone the 8 (ok like 6, so sure me) hours immediately previous, no gym shoes. Just some lying on the floor, a whole hell of a lot of pushups, and hopefully some calories burned.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3 - it's really far too early for this.
Sore Areas: Enh...my obliques I think.
Yesterday: Cardio!
Environment: Indoors. Barefoot.

Workout
Warmup: Some pike-down walking pushups, some squats and some lunges. Feel that blood flow!
Equipment: None!
Work Time: ~45:00

Blogilates - Bikini Body 2 for Arms/Back
Blogilates - Primadonna Pushup Challenge
Blogilates - Back Attack!
Blogilates - BEBE SPORT Bridal Bootcamp for Sexy Shoulders
Blogilates - Backless Dress Workout

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total in-Gym Time: 0:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 
Sore Areas: 

Comments
OK! That wasn't actually super horrible! I'm awake! Done with my workout for the day! Bring on the BEER! Wait, I have to go to work first? Lame.

Upper back is already tired and it's not even tomorrow yet. Maybe I DID actually do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment