Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Total Body Lift [TIU] + 2 mi. Walk

Lifting day today! I'll be doing a total body plus an ab workout from ToneItUp. The exercises look legit, my biggest concern is that I don't know whether I'm supposed to go through the workout once, twice, or a million times. My plan is to see how long it takes me and judge from there. Another minor concern is that they pair deadlifts with shoulder lifts, and my hamstrings can take on waaaay more weight than my poor shoulders. Maybe I'll just do so many that the weight doesn't matter. Plan!

It's also recommended that I do 20 minutes of cardio, so if I have time/energy I'm thinking about doing a ZCUT. We'll see...

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: none
Yesterday: cardio ride
Environment: indoors - raining outside :(

Workout
Equipment: dumbbells - 10lb
Work Time: 25:00

Total Body Lift:

GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type]
Pile Squats + Arm Circles12/side12/side
Warrior Lunge + Bicep Curl15/side - 10 lbs 15/side
Dead Lift + Shoulder Raise15 - 10 lbs 15
Bridge Chest Press + Situp + Punch8/side - 10 lbs 8/side
Plank Jack + Opposite Knee Touch15/side 15/side
Side Plank + Reach-Through20/side 20/side
Total time15:00?15:00
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Ab Bonus!

GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type]
Back Lunge + Knee Lift + Twist20/side20/side
Tricep Dip + Kick15/side20 [on chair]
Side Plank + Dip (R)1010
Plank + Opposite Knee Touch20/side20/side
Side Plank + Dip (L)1010
V-Sit2020
Russian Twist2020
Crunch2020
Bicycle Crunch2020
'Tornado' Leg Lifts22
Reverse Crunch2020
Superman Lifts2020
Total time10:00? 8:00

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 3? Not really energized. Time for burgers!
Stretch Time: 0:00
Total Time: 30:00-ish

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 0
Sore Areas: None. This is worrisome.

Comments
Oh balls. You know how I was curious about how this seemed really short? I finally found the (FINE PRINT RANDOMLY IN THE MIDDLE) bit that says 'repeat 1-3 times'. I guess I did it once, but I'm def not going to get anywhere doing that. Damnit. I hate wasting workouts... I'm just going to assume everything should be done 3x through from now on.

I didn't fit in any additional cardio because I got distracted by dinner, but I did walk the dog about 2 miles, which took forever - that counts right?

No comments:

Post a Comment