Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Core Workout [ToneItUp] + 2 mi. Jog

Such a gorgeous day today! Since I typically feel bad for romping around outdoors and leaving the pup to stew inside, but also I'm not up for a run today, I'm going to try something a little different: I'm going to take my (equipment-free!) workout outside, give the dog a squeeky ball, and hope he entertains himself long enough to get some reps in. We'll see how it works out, but I'm hoping this becomes a regular warm-weather thing. Everyone deserves some time in the sun!

Today's workout is day two of this week's Tone It Up schedule. I'm not going to lie, it doesn't look like much. There's an ab workout plus a short full-body workout. As far as I can tell I'm only supposed to go through each series once, and there don't seem to be TOO many reps involved. I might have to tack on something else as the end, but we'll see!

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Biceps, Quads, Hamstrings
Yesterday: Workout! Biking!
Environment: Outside! WARM!

Workout
Equipment: None!
Work Time: 30:00?

Core workout:

GoalActual*
Exercise NameRepsSet 1: Reps
Lunge + Knee Lift + Twist15/side
Table Tricep Dip + Kick15/side
Side Plank + Pulse (R)15
Plank + Opposite Knee Touch15/side
Side Plank + Pulse (L)15
V-Sit30
Russian Twist30
Slow Crunch15
Bicycle Crunch15/side
Tornado2
Reverse Crunch15
Superman Swims10
Total time15:00?
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Full body workout:

GoalActual*
Exercise NameRepsSet 1: Reps
Walking Plank Pushup + Cobra + Down Dog10
Hip-Drop Plank Twists15/side
Hands/Knees Leg Lifts15/side
Table -> Lunge -> Leg Lift10/side
Surfer Burpees10/side
Total time10:00?

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 
Stretch Time: 
Total Time: 

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 
Sore Areas: 

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment