Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Total Body Tabata [P&I]

Trying something a bit different today as I'm due for a total body lifting session but don't particularly feel like making one up. So I perused some of the workouts I have saved and remembered the Pumps & Iron website. Most of her workouts are tabata-style, which is going to work great considering I don't really feel like spending too much time working out today. I'm into efficiency. This is based off of the P&I 30-minute interval workout.

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 
Sore Areas:
Yesterday:
Environment:

Workout
Work Time: 30:00
Equipment: Kettlebell [20 lb]
Timing: For each exercise, :30 work, :10 rest; 9 exercises x 5 sets

ExerciseApproximate # Reps
Kettlebell High Pull - R - 20lb 15
Kettlebell High Pull - L - 20lb15
Side V-Up - R20
Side V-Up - L20
Burpee + Push Up7
Plank Tucks30
Kettlebell Swing15
Reverse Plank:30
Split Squat Jumps20

Post
Energy Level [1-5]: 4
Stretch Time: 5:00
Total Time: 45:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 3
Sore Areas: Traps, Quads

Comments
That was a nice little workout! I was definitely sweating by the end. Missing a little bit in the back muscles department, but that can be remedied the next time around. Maybe the planks can be plank rows or something.

So I'm torn on this style of workout, because on the one had it's done in a set amount of time. But on the other, I know I'm definitely slacking a little more than I could be. It's the time that gets to me -- I operate much better on a 'reps' basis. Once I get the number I think I can do in the time, I kind of give up once I've hit that number. It might help to think to myself that for each set I should do one more or something, but as I get more and more tired those numbers are unattainable and I start giving up earlier. Hmm. Need to figure out something to keep me working hard through the end of the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment