Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Total Body Tone [TIU]

Having a no-good-very-bad day. Harumph. Well, that's unfair. Most of the day was tolerable, then I had a massive disaster in the break room and it all went down from there. I was attempting to dig my banana out of the fridge - typically an uneventful endeavor. But today I managed to drop my half-full water bottle, break a nail trying to retrieve it while actually pushing it across the floor, drop the banana into the puddle, then thwack my head on the freezer door as I stood up. And now I have a headache (and a stomachache, for some reason), but there are two hours left in my day. Then I have to go pretend to want to be at the gym. At least I have a cognac tasting to look forward to later? Even though I'm not sure I like cognac?

It's total body lifting day, so I'm combining a pair of routines from ToneItUP -- today's new Total Body Bliss and an older Frisky Fall workout. I think I'm going to like the Frisky Fall one since it uses actual weights -- something I haven't done in awhile. Maybe I'll go to BodyPump this week... hmmm....

Pre
Energy Level [1-5]: 2. And my head hurts.
Sore Areas: Head. 
Yesterday: Rowing + Abs
Environment: indoors. warm enough that I'm sort of regretting not going running...

Workout
Equipment: Dumbbells [20 lbs, 10 lbs]
Work Time: 53:00


GoalActual*
Exercise NameReps - Weight [type] Set 1: Reps - Weight [type] Set 2: Reps - Weight [type] Set 3: Reps - Weight [type]
Deadlift + Upright Row15 - 20 lbs15 - 20 lbs15 - 20 lbs15 - 20 lbs
Reverse Lunge + Front Raise10/side - 10 lbs10/side - 10 lbs10/side - 10 lbs10/side - 10 lbs
Plank Row + Pike Up15 - 20 lbs15 - 10 lbs10 - 20 lbs + 5 rows + 5 pike upsPlank Row + Tricep Kickback + Pike Up
15 - 10 lbs
Squat + Twist Lift10/side - 20 lb10/side - 20 lb10/side - 20 lb20 squats - 20 lb
no twist
Pile Squat + Punch10/side - 10 lbs10/side - 10 lbs10/side - 10 lbs10/side - 10 lbs
Side-to-Side Skaters30303030
Single Leg Deadlift + Bicep Curl15/side - 10 lbs15/side - 10 lbs15/side - 10 lbs15/side - 10 lbs
Side Plank Rainbows10/side10/side10/side10/side
Ab Roll-Up + Twist15/side15/side15/side15/side
Time15:00?19:0017:0017:00
*Color key: green = accomplished goal, blue = exceeded goal, yellow = did not meet goal

Post
Energy Level [1-5]:2
Stretch Time: 10:00
Total Time: 75:00

Day After
Sore Level [1-5]: 4
Sore Areas: Upper back, lower back, hamstrings, butt, shoulders...

Comments
Dear sir at the gym: if you ask me to 'borrow' the 20 pound weights I'm intermittantly using, that implies you're going to give them back. It does not mean you get to use them for 15 minutes then put them back on the rack. I really only said you could have them because I'm constantly worried I'm hoarding all the gym equipment -- sorry I can't bicep curl and deadlift the same weight, but this supersetting shit is efficient and I don't want to spend a lot of time here. Got it? Excellent.

Seriously though this workout was exhausting. I'm sore in all my major muscles -- good on the one hand, but I probably ignored my arms and my abs too much. I could tell as I was doing it, which is why I changed around the plank row + pike to add a tricep kickback. Plus, trying to pike up while holding the 20 pound weights was not working out -- the plates were too tall and kept cutting into my arms before I got all the way piked, which led to my just doing the rows then doing the pikes in the second round. The 10s work much better.

Also that cognac tasting was full of fail. Boyfriend and I showed up at 8:50 for our 9:00 reservation only to be told they're behind and it'll be "about an hour". Ok, fine, except the rest of my friends didn't get there until 9:10, at which point they're stuck in a line outside for "crowd control". My one free drink and 45 minutes later they still haven't been let in, and are instead being told "the Remy Martin experience is full for tonight" and are being shooed away. Even though the Remy Martin people knew EXACTLY how many people were coming -- we all needed individual QR codes for crying out loud! No +1s or anything! By 10:15 we still hadn't started our 9:00 "experience", so we said fuck it and left for the bar. Moral of the story: Remy Martin has absolutely no idea how to put on a tasting. Logistics are apparently far beyond them.

No comments:

Post a Comment